One word: Epic. Is what was in my mind while conceptualising this Rolex. I am already in celebratory mode because the Rolex Festival is a few days away. So I thought what not a better way than to make this epic rolex and then eat it all in one sitting
because it is possible! I am so excited to see the many innovations that will come to fruition that day. If you can, I urge you to attend.
Imagine juicy ground beef, a healthy dose of vegetables and the right amount of egg and this epic rolex in born. It has a good balance of cooked and raw, sweet and salty with a hint of spice and did I mention the jumbo size? You should make this ASAP.
What you will need:
3 Large chapatis
500 gm. Minced beef
A handful of steamed amaranth (dodo)
2 Small carrots
½ Avocado, thinly sliced
1 large green pepper
2 Large onions
½ Tsp. Ginger, grated
¼ C. Parsley, finely chopped
1 Large tomato, finely chopped
Oil for frying
1. Finely chop one onion, one carrot and half a green pepper and set aside. Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a pan on high fire. Add the ginger and the onions. Let the onions become translucent then add the minced beef. Stir well and cover.
2. After 10 minutes, remove the cover and stir. Add tomatoes and stir. Let the meat cook till the tomatoes are tender. Add the green pepper, carrot, salt and black pepper and cover the pan. Keep stirring occasionally till the meat has cooked fully and all the liquid has evaporated. Remove beef from fire and set side.
3. Thinly slice the remaining onion and green pepper and set aside. Using a peeler or grater, shave the carrot and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs. Fry on medium heat till almost golden brown. Repeat the process until you have three large fried eggs.
5. To assemble the rolex, place one chapati on a plate or board. Place an egg on top. Add minced meat. Next add steamed amaranth, shaved carrot, green pepper, onion, and then avocado. Gently roll the chapati from one end to the other while pressing down to make sure it is firm.
6. Cut into half or into rolls and serve warm with a lemon wedge. Makes 3 large rolexes.
Easy to make and packed with savoury flavor. Let me stop here so you can go make yourself this epic rolex and eat it with a favourite drink or beverage. Also let me know how you prepare yours.