Bread is so delicious. Especially homemade bread, preferably in a brick oven, in cold weather far away in the country side, served with tea perhaps… or a warm soup…Oh wait ,what am I getting at? Sorry I get carried away (a lot!) when it come to these things. You know the countryside, the warm soup in cold weather…I need to stop. The point is bread is good. And really who wouldn’t love bread in form of sticks? Ok so maybe I am the only one ha! This recipe was inspired by French and garlic bread and thus bread sticks.
- 4 C All Purpose Baking flour
- 1/2 C Butter or margarine
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 4 Cloves Garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 11/2 C Cold water or Milk
- A Pinch of Salt
- In a Large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Rub the butter/margarine in the flour mixture until it becomes coarse.
- Add the garlic and continue mixing
- Pour in the cold water/milk little by little while mixing until the mixture is a very firm dough.
- Continue kneading the dough until it is smooth and isn’t sticking on your hands.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and freeze for twenty minutes
- Remove from freezer and using a rolling-pin, roll out the dough(you might want to divide the dough into two parts and roll it in batches)until it is 1 inch thick.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into thin strips of about an inch in width.
Now in the next step, I used an oven toaster to bake the bread sticks. I haven’t tried an oven yet. So if you do let me know how it turns out.
- Arrange the strips nicely in an oven toaster metal rack and bake for 12 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, wait for five more minutes before removing them.Best served warm.
PS: The ribbed effect is because of the oven toaster metal rack.
PSS: I think I am getting better at giving directions. Yes? No?
5 thoughts on “Garlic Breadsticks”
yes, u’re getting much better dear. let go and try it i will let u know!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person