I have a confession. I am not much of a potato eater. Yep not at all. Unless…unless you add milk, I’m hooked. I know you must be thinking ‘gross’ but hey there are way grosser things than this. Yes? No?
And since potatoes + milk are my thing, creamy potato soup is ideal. I thought I should share a recipe.
4 small potatoes
1 C Milk
1 small onion chopped
1 Clove garlic chopped
1 Small carrot chopped
1 Small green paper chopped
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
- Peel and boil the potatoes till soft to the touch. let cool
- In a blender, combine the potatoes, milk and salt. Blend till pureed
- In a pot, fry the garlic, onion, carrot, green paper in cooking oil and season with ginger. Saute for two minutes.
- Add the potato puree
- Keep stirring till al the flavors have fully blended.
- You may want to add more water in case the soup is too thick for your liking
- Let the soup simmer for 7 minutes. Allow time to cool
- Serve warm
- Garnish with carrot sticks and roasted sesame seeds
Now doesn’t that sound and taste yum?!
5 thoughts on “Creamy Potato Soup”
I would love some creamy potato soup!
Just checked out your blog and its awesome!
I love the fact that you travel and get to taste all the cool food! 🙂
How much soup does this make? I would love it if you added your serving sizes to your recipes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Anna. Thanks for stopping by! The soup serves four. Thanks for suggesting, I will work on it.