Tomato fried eggs. A thick layer of juicy eggs which has soaked all the delicious oil used to fry tomatoes leaving the bottom a rich and tender vegetable fry.
Let us talk fried eggs. Are you team crack and drop an egg in oil?
Team crack, whisk, drop veggies in whisked egg and fry?
Team crack whisk, pour egg in oil and sprinkle veggies on top?
Team fry veggies, crack and pour whisked egg on top?
Does it even matter how an egg is fried? I know that eggs are one of those
foods you can never go wrong with and provide a quick and easy meal in minutes. As much as I have tried most egg frying methods, I find the method of frying the vegetables first till they are tender and almost caramelized then pouring the whisked eggs on top keeps the eggs moist, juicy and delicious. What you get is a top thick layer of juicy eggs which has soaked all the delicious oil used to fry tomatoes leaving the bottom a rich and tender vegetable fry. This method works well with leftovers too. Do you have leftover fish, beef, chicken, stew, etc? You can re-purpose it by pouring whisked eggs on top and all of a sudden you have a repurposed stew/ fried egg dish ready to be served!
Tomato Fried Eggs Recipe
What you will need:
3 Large eggs
1 Large onion, chopped
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Green pepper, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Tsp. Coriander powder
1/2 Tsp. Curry powder
1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
2 Tbsp, oil
Salt to taste
Green onion (optional) as garnish
- Tomatoes tend to be a bit sour. To reduce the sourness, add a pinch or two of sugar.
- I used a combination of black pepper, coriander and curry powders to flavor these eggs. You can use whatever spice you have available.
- Place a clean pan on medium to high heat and add oil. Let the oil heat up.
- Add garlic and onions to the oil and let them cook till soft and tender.
- Add the tomatoes and green pepper and let them cook till soft and tender.
- In a bowl, whisk your eggs well and set a side.
- Add salt, black pepper, coriander and curry powders to your cooking tomatoes and mix well. Let them simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour your whisked eggs evenly onto the cooking tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and cover your pan. Let the eggs cook in the team of the tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire and sprinkle chopped green onions on top. Serve hot with your favorite starches.
Check out more egg recipes here, here and here. How do you like your fried eggs?
Use #AkitchenInUg to share your creations.
3 thoughts on “Tomato Fried Eggs”
Thank you for sharing this recipe. It sounds like something Bruce would love for breakfast.
I missed these recipes. Good to be back to read and sample
Welcome Back 🙂