I realize this is probably the first chicken recipe on this blog. You see, growing up, we ate more vegetable based meals than meat. And somehow this has followed me into adulthood where most of my recipe creations gravitate towards vegetable dishes. So in an effort to challenge myself to try making more meat dishes, I present you with this quick and easy chicken dish that you will love. It doesn’t involve any elaborate procedure but is a life saver when you need a quick meal. The ginger adds a sweet spicy flavor while the soy balances it out with salty savoury goodness and the tomato paste ass a hint of sour. Thank God for prepackaged and dressed chicken from Yo Kuku!, preparing dinner will require minimum effort.
What you will need:
1/2 Kg. Yo Kuku! Chicken drumsticks
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
11/2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
1 Medium onion, sliced
1 Green pepper, diced
1Tbsp. Coriander, minced
2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
Juice of half a lemon
1 Tsp. Honey
Chili oil (optional)
- Make sure the chicken is fully thawed.
- In a pan, add the chicken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the tomato paste, onions and green pepper. Mix well.
- Place pan on medium heat and cover. Let the chicken cook till all the liquids are almost reduced.
- Add the tomato paste, onions and green pepper. Stir well till the chicken is fully coated with the thick sauce.
- Reduce fire and let the chicken slowly cook till browned and the onions are caramelized. About 20 minutes.
- Garnish with more coriander and serve hot with your favorite carbohydrate.
Any favorite chicken recipes?
This post is made possible by Yo kuku!
You can find Yo Kuku! chicken in a supermarket near you or at these Kuku Shops:
Bukoto, Near Kabira Country Club
Bugolobi, Middle East Next to Nakumatt
Kisaasi, Opposite Victorious Beauty Parlour
Mbarara, High Street Opposite Star Time