I was supposed to share this earlier this year but I don’t know what happened. Please don’t ask. This paper chandelier completes the transformation of our room that I talked about at the beginning of this blog here. I will share more of what we did later but I wanted to share this tutorial. It is as easy as 123…ok maybe not ha!
What you will need:
- 4-6 sheets of white A4 paper
- 1-3 sheets of colored A4 paper ( I used brown)
- A round object(think jar/bottle cover)
- A pair of scissors
- white sewing thread
- Square wooden frame
- Yarn( preferably white though I used orange)
- Using a bottle/jar cover and pencil, trace circles of the white paper
- Do the same on the colored paper
- Cut out all the circles using the scissors
- Using a needle and thread, make two straight holes in the paper circles. One at each end of the circle.
- Continue adding the circles on the thread until they are seven circles on each thread.
- Tie the end of the thread so the circles will not fall out
- Make 16 strings of 7 circles
- Using tape, tape the first circle of every string on the wooden square frame
- Make sure each side has four strings
- Using the yarn, secure the chandelier on the light fixture
PS: The frame has to be light weight to prevent any hazards
And there you have it!
The great thing about this chandelier is that it is so versatile. It works as a chandelier by night and a mobile by day.
Have a great weekend and happy DIYing.