Hassle-free and easy to make 4 ingredient avocado icepops/posicles. Best served as fun treats to cool down.
How convenient is it that it is sweltering and it is also avocado season where I am. This means having frozen treats for days. I have shared multiple avocado recipes here, here here and here in the past but never this one. You need to try it. It is as easy as putting all the ingredients in a blender, blending and pouring the mixture in your mold of choice then freezing. Hassle-free!
What you will need:
4 Medium-sized avocados
1 C. Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tsp. Vanilla essence
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice/Vinegar
- You can substitute condensed milk for coconut condensed milk to make the recipe vegan.
- Since the condensed milk is already sweetened, I am not adding any sugar. If you prefer your ice pops on a much sweeter side, adjust accordingly.
- You can use ice pop molds or plastic cups as molds if you do not have this plastic.
- You can also freeze the blended mixture in ice cube trays and use it to make smoothies.
- If your blender needs liquid to work, add half a cup of water into the blender before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Peel the ripe avocados and cut them into chunks.
- Add the avocados in the blender.
- Add the milk, vanilla and lemon juice and blend till smooth.
- Pour the pureed avocado mixture in your mold of choice.
- Freeze overnight before serving
Have you tried eating avocado as a sweet?
Use #AkitchenInUg to share your creations.
Happy New Year friends! How has the year been treating you so far? I would like to hear all about it in the comments below. I have a lot to be grateful for. The year started off low key for me and it has mostly been that way ever since. Also unplugging has never felt so good. In fact it was so great it was extended for another week! But now I am back with fresh ideas (stay tuned for some awesome news!) and cannot wait to see what 2017 has in store for us all. If you have been following me on Instagram, you know that I took a trip back home and I still cannot get over the beauty that was my morning view for about a week! It is so splendid to see the details of the natural beauty that God has created. It truly is amazing!
Despite the fact that this is a refreshing avocado dish (because who does not want to start the year on a good note?!), we have been hit by a heat wave. OK. Maybe not a heat wave but the sun is scorching every corner of the country! It is so terrible. So while we are tirelessly waiting for it to finally rain, I figured cool but hearty meals will have to do. First off is this avocado salsa. I named it avocado salsa well because it is a combo of avocadoes, some tomatoes and onions. As easy as it is to make, it adds a lot of flavour to food. We have been eating it with katogo. ALOT!
What you will need:
5 Small ripe avocadoes
2 large tomatoes
2 Large onions
Lemon juice of one lemon
Parsley, finely chopped
Simsim (roast sesame) for garnishing
- The avocadoes have to be very ripe
- You can substitute lemon juice for vinegar.
- Lemon juice prevents the avocado from changing color
- Add salt according to your preference
- Cut, core and peel the avocadoes.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and onions.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocadoes with a fork.
- Once fully mashed, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with simsim and serve with your favourite meal.
How are you conquering the dry hot weather? Also let me know when you do try this simple recipe.