About the Founder and Author
Sophia Musoki is a Ugandan food blogger, writer and photographer whose work through A Kitchen in Uganda, which has been instrumental in bringing Ugandan cuisine to the world, has been featured on Cuisine Noir, CNN, City Press and many other publications. She has self published 3 e-books one of which won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award in 2015. Her blog has been nominated for the prestigious Saveur Magazine blog award in the food culture category. She is a strong advocate for eating local, exploring Ugandan food and way of cooking and using indigenous produce to make scrumptious meals. As a self taught food photographer, she is on a mission to photograph African food and document food experiences in a positive light. As a food writer, she is passionate about experimenting with and writing about local indigenous produce on her blog while giving her readers practical ways they can incorporate this food in their daily lives.
About A Kitchen in Uganda
A Kitchen In Uganda (AKIU) is a food blog that is notorious for creating out-of-the-box dishes and food experiences. It celebrates the art of preparing food, exploring Ugandan food history and fusing local indigenous foods with modern touch. With beautiful visuals and step by step guides for recreating recipes, AKIU has become a go-to site for meal inspiration all over the world.
History of A Kitchen in Uganda
A Kitchen In Uganda was created in 2014 after realizing a gap in online food media catering to consumers on the African continent. With its emphasis of local and indigenous produce, it is the best place for you if you are the creative type and love experimenting in the kitchen and exploring new cuisines. AKIU’s goal is to inspire you to get out of your comfort zone and exercise your creativity while appreciating the abundance of local ingredients that Uganda so proudly Boasts of. With limited online resources about Ugandan food, AKIU has quickly become an authoritative voice in Ugandan food.
How A Kitchen in Uganda can help you
- Are you a foodie looking for the next dish to make? Go to the home page of the blog and scroll endlessly through homecooking inspiration. Use #AkitchenInUg to share your creations with me on social media.
- Are you a content creator/ blogger looking to grow and elevate your blog? Join AKIU Academy where I offer online resources, courses, consultations and mentoring.
- Are you a Brand/Company looking for a Recipe developer, Food photographer or Influencer for your next project? Visit my Work With Me Page to learn more.
If you have any questions, simply want to say hi or would like to work with AKIU, send an email to this address: akitcheninuganda[at]gmail[dot]com
“Learn how to cook…try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all, have fun” -Julia Child
- All content is copyright © A Kitchen in Uganda and may not be used or republished without permission.
- Please contact me to request permission. Permission is not guaranteed just because you’ve asked; it depends on the nature of your request.
- All of my photographs, including those posted on AKIU’s social media outlets are copyright © A Kitchen in Uganda and may not be used without permission. Photographs which I have posted on my social media accounts may be shared/re-shared by you on your own personal or business social media accounts – on condition that you provide credit and link back to my social media account(s) or my blog. For example, if you share my photo(s) on your Facebook page, please ensure you link back to my Facebook page. If you regram on Instagram, please ensure you link back to my Instagram username.
- Please do not use filters or alter the appearance of my photographs when sharing/re-sharing on social media.
- Please contact me if you wish to discuss licensing/use of any of my images for your commercial or marketing purposes
NOTE: This blog includes only my own opinions. It is also not intended to be a diet plan, although I try my best to post healthy recipes, please talk to your Doctor for medical or dietary advice. Unless otherwise stated, all images and content are my original material. If you would like to use any of my images, please ask me first by sending me an email. But feel free to share, tweet and pin away. If I have posted something of yours that you would like taken down, contact me and it will be removed right away. Thanks