Hello once again. May is proving to be productive and I couldn’t be happier. This month’s LOL guest is my very own neighbor Nelly who blogs over at Whispery Wind. Nelly has a vibrant personality that shines through her blog. Take a look at her concept of living out loud.
- Full NameNelly Wamuyu Thoithi
Student- 3rd year Electrical Engineering, University of Cape Town
- Likes and dislikes. Likes-Chocolate, music, sunrises and sunsets, the beach, fragrances and aromatherapy, shoes, accessories (beaded and bright), poetry, nature, the out doors, healthy food, photography (enthusiast), blogging, BANANAS. My love for bananas is quite unhealthy really. I like a lot of things. J
- Dislikes- I also dislike a lot of things. LOL. I do not like smelly people/ things. I hate rude and obnoxious behaviour. Most insects (except bees, flies, spiders and ants}; anything else creeps me out. I hate slugs and lizards. They scare me. I dislike beetroot and black beans. I hate physics. I dislike poverty; it makes me sad that there is such economic disparity. I HATE mornings.
- What do you understand by living out loudLiving unapologetically. Living to inspire, be seen and to make a difference (a positive difference) in other people’s lives, in my community, in my family, with the people I interact with.
- Any life changing moment that made you seriously evaluate how you are living?Not really. Although I did have an emotional slump in second year when I was filled with doubts and discouragement. I realised I had to toughen up and make a conscious decision to be joyful even when there is no reason to be.
- What/who inspires you the most?
I draw a lot of encouragement from the Bible. My mother is also a strong pillar of support in my life. I get inspired when I see people pushing boundaries in little or big ways.
- What advice do you have for fellow seekers of LOL out there? Do you. But remember not to be selfish in your doing you. A bit of a paradox, but true.
Thanks Nelly for being a part of this.